Thursday, January 31, 2008

All That is Solid Melts into Air

We read part of this for my environmental design course about cities. It focuses on the trends in city planning, the recent renewal projects, and parallels all this with french poetry, modern art movements etc. It's an interesting mix in the respect and I think the other chapters take you to cities all over the world and detail what urban life is like for the inhabitants. Well written and excellent combination of art and urban design.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Author: Marshall Berman

Ficus boy said...

Hey, I'm Nathan and since I can't make posts i hope you don't delete this. I was reading "Breakfast of Champions" and i thought it was really cool watching Dwayne descend into Insanity. I strongly reccomend this book, also i know you all have read it but probably my favorite book is 1984 by Orwell. So read it again. Also, if you like animal farm listen to the Pink Floyd album "Animals", i know this is a book site but i will discuss it anyway. In the album Dogs are Megalomaniac bussinesses, Pigs are those who are really in control such as Political leaders(sounding familiar yet?) and sheep are blind followers, and so on.

Eric said...

Although I agree Breakfast of Champions is a good book I HATE!!!the Pink Floyde Alblum.

Ficus boy said...

Hey could you leave some of my comments as posts and add the book 1984 to your reccomendations list. PuLeeze!!

Also i suggest u do music albums too!! I have alot of cd's to reccomend

Eric said...

I didnt know PuLeeze was a word but other than that I agree with Nathan
Eric